Saturday 19 May 2012

Sweet Treat Of The Week: Chocolate Mint Fudge Pie

Lately, I've been fantasising over everything mint chocolate. I'm not sure where this addiction has started, perhaps from the sly purchase of some Mint Kit-Kats. I've had this recipe bookmarked for a while and I have a terrible habit of hoarding recipes away for the day I decide to treat myself; today is that day. After all, Saturday is treat day.

So, with the constant craving for mint chocolate and the welcome embrace of happy tastebuds, I decided to try out this recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/03/14/mint-chocolate-fudge-pie/

I omitted the cool whip (I'm not sure there is an exact UK equivalent and I figured the pie itself would be indulgent enough) and hesitantly used a pre-made pie base as suggested. Had I more time to waste, I would have made a base from crumbled up digestives mixed with butter after the whole thing nearly collapsed in two when cutting up! However, since this only took 10 minutes to throw together, I shan't complain too much.

 
Note to self: leave it so set a little longer.

Delicious? Yes.
Easy? Very.
Would I make it again? Yes.

Thumbs up all around from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment